looking for a ski bridge

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

JSquare

looking for a ski bridge

Post by JSquare »

hey guys- Got a new grinder coming in this month. I'm trying to track down a cheap/used ski bridge... anyone got anything laying around they'd be willing to part with?
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

for snowboard you don't need the bridge. for skis, if you have power feed, bridge can be easily made from 2 x 4 and plywood
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
skimann20

Post by skimann20 »

man... they are an extremely hard find, people tend to hoard them. I ran into a guy that had ~30 of them... would not sell me one. wouldn't even give me a out of the park price. him "you know how valuable they are and impossible to find?" me: "they are only valuable if you can find someone to sell them too?" him: "i'm going to hold on to them for a rainy day"
MR is right, it might be easier to just make, don't be like me and buy a Ski grinder so you can get the binding bridge that comes with it. ;-) There is one on ebay right now for $100 if i'm not mistaken.
rnordell

Post by rnordell »

Are all the Sports Authority stores closed nationwide yet? I picked up 3 at a MN store for $20 each (2 Adult, 1 Jr.) when they were closing up. The Grindrite style one would not be too difficult to build. Just need access to a sheet metal stretcher/shrinker to curve some aluminum angles and then rivet it together.
Sotto

Post by Sotto »

sun valley ski tools have them. SVST.com You will need to set up an account with them. I think they are about $300, But it would be way cheaper to make one.
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

rnordell wrote:Are all the Sports Authority stores closed nationwide yet? I picked up 3 at a MN store for $20 each (2 Adult, 1 Jr.) when they were closing up. The Grindrite style one would not be too difficult to build. Just need access to a sheet metal stretcher/shrinker to curve some aluminum angles and then rivet it together.
Sports Authority filed for bankruptcy. Dicks Sporting Goods is taking there customer base.