Press and grinder for sale

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

karmav

Press and grinder for sale

Post by karmav »

7B Skis in Sandpoint Idaho has an extra press and grinder for sale. The press is a professionally made single ski press with a flip up top. Single ski presses have many advantages for the smaller builder and are all we use.

These advantages include:
Smaller footprint.
Less cost and storage space for molds as they are half the size.
Work can be at a more relaxed pace as you only are laying up one ski at a time.
Half the waste if something does go wrong.
The flip top allows the ski to be laid up on the press itself and eliminates the chance of misalignment while moving the ski to the press.

There are a couple of disadvantages which are:
Pressing one ski at a time does take longer.
It is not wide enough for a snowboard.

This press includes the fire hose air bladder and cat track.

The grinder is a Fontaine 604 (I believe) and is an excellent example of this machine. It has the enclosed base, larger 3hp motor, 1hp power feed, large foot bar for operating power feed plus base and sidewall bevel plates.

All components work flawlessly. It uses a 6" belt and will grind skis up to 150mm in max width. Includes many (used) belts.
This was our sole grinder for many years.

I am asking $1000 each for the press and grinder or $1750 for both. I would also take $250 off the grinder if you didn't want the power feed.

The equipment is available for p/u in Sandpoint, ID or I can ship freight if you arrange it. I am also heading over to the Seattle Wa. area on Oct. 8th and could arrange delivery along the way.

Lots of photos available but I don't have a way to post them to this board. I will forward on request.

Thanks,
David
rockinB

Post by rockinB »

PM sent regarding the grinder.
rockinB

Post by rockinB »

I bought the grinder. The ski press is still for sale. The seller is having issues logging back into his user account as he updated his email address and the site blocked him out until an admin gives him permission. He can't see private messages either.

If you are interested in the press please email him at info@7bskis.com. He was great to work with.