Durasurf, group buy?

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

kelvin
Site Admin

Post by kelvin »

We are waiting for Durasurf to get their act together and actually ship some material. We finally did get a shipment of base material (black and blue) and tipspacer (white); it is available on our online store now. We are still waiting for topsheet and sidewalls.

-kelvin
G-man

Post by G-man »

Kelvin,

These suppliers can be so frustrating, eh. As soon as I need to replenish my present stocks, I'll be ordering from the skibuilder's store. It'll be much easier than trying to mainline with Durasurf and others. I really appreciate your efforts to pull the store together.

G-man
heliski989

side wall

Post by heliski989 »

if you guys are still looking for sidewalls i have a source for uhmw, i belive the prices are ok. let me know and ill find out
RoboGeek

Post by RoboGeek »

check the store - base material is in stock now!
I used to be a lifeguard, but some blue kid got me fired.
Jparker

Durasurf end roll & 4001 info, making an order.

Post by Jparker »

From Durasurf:

> 1-072904-18 This has been sanded both sides and has backing film. 65' >feet long (10.67 m) x $4.00 per meter = $42.68.
(A nice dark grey)
> 2-081006-09 Has orange pigment specs throughout. Sanded 1 side. 80' >long (24.39 m) x $2.00 per meter = $48.78.
(This one is pretty bright orange, fire colored I'd say)

>
> Are they the 2001?
Yes, these are probably all 2001.
How long would the lag time be on a order of 50 meters of black 4001?
>50 meters of black in 4001 is possible but we've so much manufacturer >work in that you're probably looking at 4-6 weeks. Cost is $6.60 per >meter.
PM me if you want either of the two rolls, I'll send for cost + shipping. I'm trying to add some $$ to my order so it doesn't get forgotten, and I thought someone here might be interested in some cheap base material. I can send you Pantone colors if you want a better idea about color. I'm hoping to order in the next couple of days, so let me know if you are interested. I'm not ordering any black any time soon, but FYI anyway for anyone who wants some super tough base material. I wouldn't count on getting the material any time soon, took about a month for this email reply.

(not trying to step on the store's toes either, great site!)