How to print my template: snocad/solid edge/turbocad

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

surlyhead

How to print my template: snocad/solid edge/turbocad

Post by surlyhead »

Hey guys,

Just wondering if you can help me figure out how to print on my inkjet.

I designed my ski shape in snocad.

I then saved it as a .dfx or .dwg file and trasfered it into solid edge 2d drafting.

I also downloaded turbocad v12.

I can't figure out how to print the template over many pages through my inkjet.

I also have illustrator which can also open the files.

Any ideas would be awesome.

-matt
Car_ve_diem

will this help?

Post by Car_ve_diem »

4 links down on this forum you'll see a step by step that will help you. you're using the wrong file types. Once you can get it into the one you need its easy. Read all about it on the post that says "printing in autocad" it will likely apply to your situation.
manmade

Findind A Plotter

Post by manmade »

If you don't have any success with printing these pictures to the correct scale
you can take the files to a reprographic store. This is a fancy name for a copy store. They will have the capability of producing your drawings on a single sheet of paper printed off of a plotter. This should not cost you more than a couple of bucks. Your second choice is to call on some local business's
most of the time people are pretty pumped to help out when you tell what you are doing with the drawings. Look in the yellow pages for land survey
industrial design, tool and die, graphic design most of these mentioned business's use plotters. Plotter widths are usually 36" so copy as many of your patterns as possible within this 36" so you can get as many patterns as possible per sheet.
powdercow

Post by powdercow »

If you do take them to a kinko's make sure they have autocad at the store (mine doesn't). If they don't you can plot your design to a pdf and give it to them that way.
- Ben