Top Sheet Question???

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

spike_101

Top Sheet Question???

Post by spike_101 »

I am about to satrt building but i have one quick question. I want the top of my skis to be all white but i want to put some blue die cut logos under the top sheet, so my question is will the die cuts show through the white top sheet or do i need to use a clear top sheet? If i have to use clear then how can i get the rest of it all white? Do i just paint it white or what? Thanks for the help.
spike_101

Post by spike_101 »

Anyone know, come on guys, anyone that has built skis know?
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

spike_101: hold the die cut behind the white topsheet and look to see if it shows. but this isn't conclusive, because the epoxy can reduce the opacity of the topsheet therefore causing the die cut to show.

if you want it to show, then use clear topsheet. to get the white, cover with white fabric, but choose something relatively thick like flannel to keep the layer below from showing. put your die cuts above the white fabric, then epoxy and finally add the clear topsheet. in our intro to ski building video, there's a scene where we use white cloth and then we add a logo:

http://www.skibuilders.com/howto/movies ... ntro01.wmv

hope this helps...