My feeble brain strikes again (bladder related)

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

RoboGeek

My feeble brain strikes again (bladder related)

Post by RoboGeek »

Ok.. I'm watching this commercial where they say this air mattress can hold up to 300 pounds. So, being 3am and nothing to do but watch a Warren Miller film all of a sudden that air mattress popped into my head.

It would seem a small twin size could press 2 skis at a time quite easily - maybe even 4. So now I'm wondering just how much pressure they are capable of holding. And even if they can't hold that much maybe a combo air/clamp press could put more pressure on it.

See what happens when you stop drinking beer? Your brain goes wacky.

I've just started researching burst pressures and such, but it doesn't really seem to be something thats listed in specs.

Anybody ever try this?
I used to be a lifeguard, but some blue kid got me fired.
RoboGeek

Post by RoboGeek »

hehe.. just thought of a real ghetto setup - air mattress with a sheet of plywood over the top - a few 4x4's for reinforcement and to keep from crushing my muffler and the top mold underneath - lay the mold down, ski goo, air mattress, mold and top boards and drive my car over it. Inflate and use my rustbucket.. err.. fine classic car as the structure of the press. Can't bend a Chevy!!
I used to be a lifeguard, but some blue kid got me fired.
mark

Post by mark »

Instead of buying the air mattres maybe you could rent one of those inflatable bouncy houses like they have at the county fair. ;) :D