Buttcrackers......

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

hose-man

Buttcrackers......

Post by hose-man »

Buttcrackers......

How did they end up performing after a tune? The dimensions look like what I'd like to try for my first build & I'd love to hear some updated feeback.

I would also enjoy hearing opinions from those with experience about flex profiles. Are y'all still shortening the platform under foot for a rounder flex???
littleKam
Site Admin

Post by littleKam »

The Buttcrackers seemed to perform well even without the base preparation. They were built for my cousin who didn't get to ride too much this season so I'm not too sure how they turned out. I haven't gotten the chance to ask about them but I'll post up as soon as I get his response.

As for the flex, I think having the shorter platform gives a rounder flex. But then again I only got a few turns on the Tao. I still plan on using the shorter platform for my future skis however because it seems to make sense to me. I'm not too sure what Big Kam and Kelvin think about it or if they plan on doing the same for their profiles.
- Kam S Leang (aka Little Kam)