Hose

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

M.F

Hose

Post by M.F »

Is there anyone out there who have any experience with three hoses in the press??
I remember i saw one on this site who had three white hoses, but can't remember his name. He made some white racing skis i think.

How does the skis come out?
Do you get an equal pressure over both skis?

Reason why i'm asking is because it seems like i dont get hold of hose that are big enough... :(
Martin
teleman36

Hose

Post by teleman36 »

I have been using three 4" hose sections in my 17" wide press. This worked great with a cat track to distribute the forces evenly. Three just fit in the 17" width when deflated. When laying uf some of the widest skis I make,[175-145-165] the layup of each ski was pretty much under each of the two outside hoses. The middle hose was just barely over the sandwich, but it seemed to keep the catrack on a nice even plane. The only problem with multiple hoses is that their is just more potential for leaks. Good Luck
endre

Post by endre »

Is this one big enough for you? It's a 12"ultraman From Mandals Reberbane (In Mandal, Norway obvously)
plywood

Post by plywood »

haha, finally endre had once again the opportunity to show his hose and make us all envious :D
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
endre

Post by endre »

I am gonna show it and show it again til someone drags out a bigger one..

seriusly: Mandals are pretty ok people to talk to, shure you can get a hose from them M.F
M.F

misunnelig (norwegian)

Post by M.F »

I just got to say that your hose Endre is like a bicycle inner tube ;)

If I got a bigger hose i guess you would have sold the new farm/ skishop and bought a bigger one just to regain the "biggest hose for skibuilding" award ;)

Did you pick it up yourself?
it would have been a long trip for me if i had to pick it up myself.
I would have done it if i had the driver licence, unfortunately i don't.

But hopefully i'll get i next summer and then it will be as many trips to Røldal as possible :D
Martin
M.F

Post by M.F »

What is used as glue inside the hose to ensure that it is airtight?
How long from the end of the hose do i need to screw it together, 10-15cm?
Martin
Idris

Post by Idris »

M.F wrote:What is used as glue inside the hose to ensure that it is airtight?
How long from the end of the hose do i need to screw it together, 10-15cm?
If you screw the plates down hard then you don't really need glue. I just made one with 'Ultra Blue' head gasket sealant. My clamps/plates are barely 1cm from the end (sticking out beyond the clamp). Works good at 100psi
endre

Post by endre »

I use silicone, sicaflex, superfix, marin teknik or something that direction. Apply a layer of silicone and let it dry before you close the bag with a new layer of fresh silicone. If you want you can cut off excess hose til the edge of the steel. I tryed idris' approach once and got some leakage, depends on the hose I guess.
M.F

Post by M.F »

was thinking about sicaflex or silicone, but was not sure how well it would hold, but it seems like you guys got a clue on this so i'll give silicone or sicaflex a try
Martin