Vacuum generator shipping

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

gladegp

Vacuum generator shipping

Post by gladegp »

I was going to buy

Dura-Max Elite™
Polyurethane Vacuum Bag
2' x 9'
I'm not allowed to post links, but it's at veneersupplies dot com /product_info.php?products_id=4160

and
Vac Pro Plus Venturi vacuum generator
/product_info.php?products_id=1682

Until I found out they don't ship to Norway!! :x

Is there another good site that sells this?
endre

Post by endre »

use an old refridgerator pump and a plastic bag, works just as good and is much cheaper. Where in norway are you?
gladegp

Ok

Post by gladegp »

Hi, I'm in Tromsø.

Ok so I found this link:
http://www.dream-models.com/eco/vacuumpump.html

Maybe I can do that. The difficult part to get will be the "admission advance regulation valve", the thing that creates the vacuum.
And how to create a tight fit around the hose that goes into the bag. What type of bag? It needs to be over 2 m long.

Where do you buy ski material from, I know it can be bought here, but is there a place in Norway or somewhere close?

Thanks
endre

Post by endre »

try these:
http://www.boardbuildingsupply.eu/

You only need the pump, plastic sheet (not bag) tape, a glue gun and some creative thinking.
MartinJern

Post by MartinJern »

After killing 2 fridgepumps before i even started pressing, I gave up on that and bought a vacumpump made for sucking out air and moist from airconditioner and heat exchangesystems. works great and costs about 150eur from jula.se Im sure they ship to norway
There are cheaper ones on the net but I live near the store and needed it right away so i went for the expensive one...
Idris

Post by Idris »

MartinJern wrote:After killing 2 fridgepumps before i even started pressing, I gave up on that and bought a vacumpump made for sucking out air and moist from airconditioner and heat exchangesystems. works great and costs about 150eur from jula.se Im sure they ship to norway
There are cheaper ones on the net but I live near the store and needed it right away so i went for the expensive one...
You did what? My pump that we messed with all winter still works? Have you been letting all the oil run out?
MartinJern

Post by MartinJern »

Hi tom!
I think they were quite old and there was a reson i found them at the dump... anyway, now i have a solid one.