crowns closeouts

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Brazen

Post by Brazen »

You didn't want that anyway really, right?!? Wasn't me. :D
"86% of the time it works 100% of the time".
COsurfer

Post by COsurfer »

What's wrong with the thicknesses? I hope they are incorrect because very little of their stock actually works for our application. Ya, the blue pink swirl was "interesting" to say the least.
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

Ha, i was eyeing that base aswell, spent the last of my cash on the sidewalls instead though, didnt want to be stuck with grey..
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

knightsofnii wrote:I've been working with Jay @ crown to correct the thicknesses on their listings...
and while in the middle of doing that, someone ordered up the roll of pink/gray swirl!!! ughhhh!!!!!!
I bought one big roll of pink, but I didn't find any gray swirl in mine :).
falls

Post by falls »

to add to the mix the listings don't really say whether the base is sintered/extruded and what grade (2000/4000 etc) the material is...
Don't wait up, I'm off to kill Summer....
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

COsurfer wrote:What's wrong with the thicknesses? I hope they are incorrect because very little of their stock actually works for our application. Ya, the blue pink swirl was "interesting" to say the least.
in the list of closeout materials it says for instance PMS 190 pink .049 x 12.5 x 300 (xx meters)

but when you click on that specific material, it may or may not say within that page that the thickness is some other value.

I found at least five of them like this over the past couple days while trying to place an order... so I had to have Jay confirm the thickness of each one.

Now long story short, they dont really have ANY that are the thickness I require... its lame.

dude buying materials and even finding them is the absolute worst part of making boards.
Doug
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

I've got a whole roll of .047 pink/purple/blue swirl... it looks so rad... but its just a pinch too thin for cdw #129 edge or whatever their normal edge is.
It works, but i'm getting dimples/bubbles... and have to remove too much edge first to get the base flat. Want to try .050-.055
Doug
mathew1

Post by mathew1 »

The pantone color