Karhu video help!

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

mattman

Karhu video help!

Post by mattman »

Ok, so we are building a pair of skis with a full rubber tip (like this years rossis and old karhus). I used to have an 18meg video of the karhu factory tour that had a whole section about the rubber tip that I wanted to watch closely before we press. Problem is, the computer I had my whole factory video collection (a LARGE collection) on, crashed and now I cant find the video on telemarktips anymore. Does anybody have this video? Could someone email it to me as an attachment, or a link to mattman_83@hotmail.com .

Also, side note: anyone know if this years rossi rubber tips have full metal edges or just 3/4. I have seen demonstrations of shop techs standing on the tips and flattening them out...but I cant seem to find one at a local shop to see if it has edges. if it bends that far it seems like it cant possibly.

Thanks
G-man

Post by G-man »

Hi mattman,

Here's a page from telemarktips that will link you the the Karhu video.

http://www.telemarktips.com/SkiFactory.html

G-man
mattman

Post by mattman »

i am afraid this link hasnt worked for a while...or at least i can never get it to work. are you able to download from the 82mb Mpeg link? (this is exactly the file i need though...i mis-spoke with 18mb)
G-man

Post by G-man »

Sorry, mattman, for the dead link. I should have checked it before posting it. I think that I saved the Karhu Mpeg file somewhere on one of my hard drives. I'll keep looking, and if I find it, I'll send the file to you. I think the file is on my computer that lost it's power supply. I'm trying to decide if I want to spend $400 for a new supply (Mac). I'll probably just pull the hard drive out an access the data as an external drive. When you say that your computer 'crashed', what do you mean? Is it possible that you could still access the hard drive's info via another computer using something like a USB to SATA/IDE adapter cable?

G-man
G-man

Post by G-man »

Hey again,

I found it. It's a Quicktime video. Only problem is that I'm not sure how to send the file. Anyone have any how-to tips? In the mean time, I'll play around and see if I get figured it out... after I go for a little ski out the front door.

G-man
MikeC

Post by MikeC »

I've been trying to find that video for weeks. I couldn't remember which factory it was. I finally figured out it was karhu/line, only to have the link not work. If I remember correctly, there are some serious woodworking machines at use. I need to start saving these things to a disk, at least that way pics and videos don't get forever lost due to general stupidity!

MikeC
Why Buy it for cheap when you can build it for a lot more!!?
scottychop

power supply

Post by scottychop »

I just bought a power supply from RE-PC here in Seattle for $1.50! Are Mac parts so hard to come by?

IF someone had a Youtube account, and the file, they could post it up for us all?
G-man

Post by G-man »

Scottychop,

Yes, unfortunately replacement Mac parts are pricey. Unlike a PC (where all parts follow the ATX, or similar, form factor so that parts are affordable and interchangeable), Mac parts change from model to model and nothing is interchangeable. The Mac power supply in question has a 25 volt trickle line that is unique to this model of Mac, and is not available on an ATX supply.

Anyway, back to ski stuff... the Karhu factory video that I have saved to disc is the 80 mb full length version. I'll take a look at Youtube and see if I can figure out how to post up a video. I'm sure it's easy. I've just haven't done it before.

G-man
G-man

Post by G-man »

Okay, I joined Youtube and went through the video tutorial on how to upload a video. It's really quite easy... but... at the end of the tutorial, Youtube says that unless I recorded the video or own the video, the video isn't allowed on the site. Rules is rules.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Isn't there some way to attach an .mpg to an e-mail?

Tomorrow is a ski testing day (my wife says I gotta work sometime), but I'll check-in soon.

G-man
mattman

Post by mattman »

g-man...great news that you found the file...and yes it can just be attached to an email. Alot of sites have a pretty high attachment limit now. If not, I could send you an invite to my yahoo group and you could easily post it there. If you want an invite to post the video, just let me know what your email address is.
G-man

Post by G-man »

I noticed this thread recently at t-tips. The link didn't work for me, but it seems to work for others.

G-man