reverse sidecut and camber question

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

tharvey

reverse sidecut and camber question

Post by tharvey »

i am building a big fat powder ski similar to the armada arg. i am doing reverse camber by about 2-3mm and reverse sidecut by 15-20mm. any idea on how to make a ski like this (180cm long) stiff but not super stiff, but still soft enough to do some stuff inbounds? thanks
KevyWevy

Post by KevyWevy »

sorry bud, but your questions are way too broad...
pretty much everything you need to know to make such skis are on the main webpage or in the forum. just do a lot of reading and searching (use the search button in forum) once you have specific questions that you can't find answers to, then make a thread and ask.
plywood

Post by plywood »

build them flat underfoot and only add a little reverse camber in tip and tail - as the armadas have. maybe 5mm reverse or even more on each side. a little difficult to describe as it depends on the lenght of tip and tail too.
of course the stiffness depends on the glass too, but i`d suggest you use a core with a thickness of 12mm that tapers down to about 2mm in tip and tail and apply just what`s usual to start with: 220oz triaxial fibreglass. maybe two sheets below, one on the top or something like this.
all the rest is try and error... i`m afraid but you won`t be able to leave this part out ;)
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!