anyone out there using older omega PID controllers?

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

strangesnowboarding

anyone out there using older omega PID controllers?

Post by strangesnowboarding »

so i am having problems tuning my controllers,
they came with the press and dont have a manual. i have downloaded everything i can from omega and have not had success yet.

i am trying to fully understand the math that goes on within the closed loop control but i still have not been able to get to the setpoint temp and have the heaters turn off. they just rocket thru the roof untill i unplug the heaters and control. they turn on when they hit the lower setpoint but dont like to turn off.

i feel like i have exhausted every variable in the menu and am hoping that someone out here has figured these older controllers out. they also could have been damaged in the two moves that we went through so i am still trying to rule that out.

the model of the controller is CN1000-TC
not sure year of manufacture, sometime around 2000

i also have some older ones that i have not fired up yet, hoping they will not be as frustrating.

any help would be appreciated! thanks
tom

edit for dyslexia
EricW

Post by EricW »

They sound damaged to me.
leboeuf

Post by leboeuf »

if youre having problems with the tune the wiki page on manual pid tuning is really helpful.
At least I know it helped me a lot back when it took a class in control theory... ;)
If that doesnt work then...............

It can be frustrating at first....