MEI Heat Blankets

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

bobbyrobie

Post by bobbyrobie »

yes Bill that is what i was implying was using a bottom and top heater. how would you go about doing a top and bottom heater via a controller.
billl

pidsss

Post by billl »

personally I use 2 controllers, 1 for the bottom blanket, 1 for the top blanket. Unless you have a fancy "dual" controller with 2 temperature inputs and 2 controlling outputs (don't know if such a thing exists...) then you will not get accurate control on one of the blankets with a single controller setup (i.e. the blanket on the surface of which temperature is measured will work just fine... the other one will be controlled effectively open-loop and so your PID will basically not be controlling its temperature at all... it may be too hot, too cold, oscillating, etc)

Truth is, if you can cough up the dough for a second blanket (not cheap) then you probably owe it to yourself to get a second cheap controller off eBay

cheers
billl
hugocacola

Post by hugocacola »

here you have...

bobbyrobie

Post by bobbyrobie »

what do those letters represent?
hugocacola

Post by hugocacola »

3 phase electricity - 380v (RST+N)...

you must divide the power by the R-T or R-S its up to you.. by this way you can add more Amps to your system...and prevent the main swicht overshoot
bobbyrobie

Post by bobbyrobie »

oh. i have only 1 ph power.
hugocacola

Post by hugocacola »

all home has 3 phase power, to distribute for the whole house, just look to the electrical board and check the main power source, it could have 3+1...
GrammasGarage

Post by GrammasGarage »

As far as i know, homes in North America are still using single phase power. Three phase typically runs down the street and a transformer mounted to the pole (or underground) brings in 220-240V to your home, where it is distributed to your outlets at 110-120V (expect your stove etc which will be 240V)

Other countries use three phase power to the homes but typically only get a single leg and a neutral from the main grid.
hugocacola

Post by hugocacola »

you should ask for 3, and pay a litle bit more...
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

GrammasGarage wrote:As far as i know, homes in North America are still using single phase power. Three phase typically runs down the street and a transformer mounted to the pole (or underground) brings in 220-240V to your home, where it is distributed to your outlets at 110-120V (expect your stove etc which will be 240V)

Other countries use three phase power to the homes but typically only get a single leg and a neutral from the main grid.
That's what I though. Amuricans are to dumb and we would fry ourselves if we had 3 phase and 240 to all outlets, then we would sue the shit out of whoever put it in. BRILLIANT!!
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

Blankets showed up today. Stoked, they look great. 240v 2400 watt. They look big.

SRP, I'll put yours in the ups tomorrow, or Wednesday at the latest.
SRP

Post by SRP »

Doughboyshredder, Can't wait to see them. Thanks again for the help!!
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

thanks for the tips, I ordered one a week ago, hoping its as described and can do what the one did that we broke.
Doug
camhard

Post by camhard »

they never answered my request for a quote. i ended up going through OEM: not stoked. I also screwed up on my end and tried to cut costs by getting a smaller blanket. I went too small, especially for my double ski press. if anyone wants a 4"x85" wide blanket, let me know.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

camhard wrote:they never answered my request for a quote. i ended up going through OEM: not stoked. I also screwed up on my end and tried to cut costs by getting a smaller blanket. I went too small, especially for my double ski press. if anyone wants a 4"x85" wide blanket, let me know.
Price??

Your mistake is my gain?? :D